Zimbabwe is a beautiful country endowed with great sites. Our country simply offers some of the best tourism destinations in the world. A land which once experienced, is never forgotten, with a mood to suit the needs of any soul. Situated on a high plateau of Southern Africa, Zimbabwe welcomes you to a land rich in diversity. A journey to Zimbabwe will take you through an attractive landscapes, from highveld, balancing boulders and flaming msasa trees, to laidback towns, lush mountains and raging rivers.
Here you can spot The Big Five, leopard, lion, rhino, elephant and buffalo. In our national parks, discover World Heritage–listed archaeological sites and stand in awe of one of the natural wonders of the world, Victoria Falls. Lonely Planet, the number one travel publication in the world, released their top 10 countries to visit in 2019 and Zimbabwe was number three! National Geographic released their own 2019 ‘cool list’ of must-visit destinations and Zimbabwe was the top destination in Africa.
Top 10 Reasons to Visit Zimbabwe
- The magnificent Victoria Falls classified as one of the seven natural wonders of the World.
- Zimbabwe is home to four World Heritage Sites – Victoria Falls, Mana Pools National Parks, the Great Zimbabwe Ruins and the Kama Ruins.
- Lake Kariba is one of the largest manmade lakes in the world, with abundant game sightings and excellent bream and tiger fishing.
- Zimbabwe features magnificent National Parks including Hwange, Mana Pools, Matusadona and Chizarira.
- Adventure activities include canoeing on the lower Zambezi and Kayaking and rafting on the upper Zambezi, White water rafting and bungee jumping are just two exhilarating pursuits available in Victoria Falls.
- For high adventure enthusiasts, white water rafting is most exciting when the Zambezi waters are low – generally from August to December – and is often referred to as the best one-day white water rafting in the world.
- Zimbabwe abounds in fascinating history, culture, art and museums.
- Some of the best Safaris and Game Drives in the world! Walk with the Rhinos or Walk with the Lions.
- Hospitality and friendliness of all Zimbabweans.
- Magnificent scenic areas in the Eastern Highlands.